December 31, 2017
Pleasing our Great God in 2018
Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
How Can I Please God? My faith pleases God.
- My faith trusts in the character of God.
- Faith comes first, then obedience. When I disobey God, I am saying that I don’t trust the character of God. I say with my actions, “God is not good.” or by my actions I say that I am wiser than God. I think that I know best what is good for me.
- When I see others, who have only been working in God’s vineyard for a short time be greatly blessed of God, I don’t act out in envy and get upset. I believe that God is good and fair. I trust the character of God.
- My faith simply believes God. Too often we prove by our lives our lack of faith, and this displeases God. We say with our lives that we don’t trust God.
- Faith is believing that God is who He says He is.
- The more I am in awe of God, the more I believe that He is sovereign, good, and just, the greater my faith will be.
- When the devil brings up that one sin that I am so sorry for then faith is believing God that He cast it into the furthest sea. When we read this chapter of Hebrews we see the faith of many men of God. We don’t see any of their sins mentioned. However, when you read the OT you see that they did sin. God remembers their faith, not their sin.
- When I am afraid of the future I trust God to lead me day by day.
- When I respond in faith trials are an opportunity for me to grow and mature.
- When I trust that God is fair and good I face chastisement with the right attitude.
- When I go off to the job site, I work by faith.
- When I am tempted by lusts to sin, faith says that God doesn’t make rules to make me miserable, but because he knows what is best for me.
- When I am tempted to tell a lie then faith says that Jesus, Who is the Truth, will help me get through this situation without lying.
To Our Most Dear New Testament Baptist Church Family
As we close another year of service to our Great God, and Saviour, it is most appropriate to express our sincere appreciation for your faithful praying, generosity, awesome support, and assertions of love to us during this Year of our Lord, 2017. And … we’ve been blessed in this ministry of a spiritual family that has had so many to love and to serve! We are not aware of any other Church family that has so thoughtfully and graciously cared for their Pastor and wife as you have us. During this glorious joy-filled season and into 2018, our fervent prayer is that you and yours will celebrate His miracles again and again!
Jacque and Preacher
Challenge to Read through the Bible in 2018
The Testimony of the 6th President of the United States
“So great is my veneration for the Bible that the earlier my children begin to read it the more confident will be my hope that they will prove useful citizens of their country and respectable members of society. I have for many years made it a practice to read through the Bible once every year.” (John Quincy Adams)
Bible reading schedules are enclosed in the bulletin today and extras for family and friends available at the back table.
Considering the brevity of life, all have a time-limited ministry!
“Only one life will soon be past;
Only what’s done for Christ will last.”
Remember … No Service tonight!
Thursday, January 4th at 9:30 – Ladies’ Bible Study resumes.
Tuesday, January 9th at 11:30 AM – Harvester’s Potluck Luncheon
Wed. January 24th thru Sun. January 28th – 53rd Missions Conference
March 8-10 – Men’s Advance – Fort Thomas, Arizona
RU Recovery Meets Fridays at 7 PM / Sundays at 9:30 AM
RU gives you tools to battle victoriously satanic forces that would use bitterness, discouragement, depression, loneliness, addictions, and life’s circumstances to defeat us. We have a great curriculum for the study of the fruit of the Spirit and fruits of righteousness. We minister to all, not to just the addicted. Come visit us.
FOR 58 YEARS … PREACHING the BIBLE
… the WHOLE BIBLE
… and NOTHING but the BIBLE!
2855 N. Craycroft Rd. Tucson, AZ 85712
Church Office Phone: 327-5938
Dr. J. C. Joiner, Pastor
Rev. Carroll Frankland, Assoc. Pastor
Jamie Frankland, Children / Activities Coordinator
Jacque Joiner, Ladies Ministries
Ron Cox, RU (Ph. 248-5216)
Sunday Services at 9:30 AM, 10:30 AM, & 6 PM
Wednesday Services at 7 PM
(VBS & Youth Ministries at 6:45 PM)
Ladies Fellowship and Bible Study: Thursdays at 9:30 AM
RU: Fridays at 7 PM
Visitation: Saturdays at 9:30 AM
After each service, audio is available on our web site: