- Physical Creation – Psalms 139:14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. Colossians 1:16-17 For by him [Jesus Christ] were all things created . . . and by him all things consist. In physical creation God cares about design, beauty, and all the details to make sure His physical creation continues as He planned it. God is not a deist. He did not just create the universe and step back. He keeps His hand in His work. If God stayed out of the way, then His creation would be immediately destroyed and all life would perish. God even cares about the details of a bacterial cell. Bacteria are one celled creatures. There are normally over 1,500,000,000 bacterial cells in a pound of soil. God made each one to function as a complete unit with all its parts. Bacteria are an important element of God’s creation. If God cares that a bacterial cell has everything it needs, including a motor to make its flagellum move, don’t you think God cares about you?
- Spiritual Creation – Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. Colossians 3:10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him: Psalms 40:2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. When we by faith trust Christ as our Saviour, we are born again of the Spirit of God. We receive eternal life at that moment. We are also adopted into the family of God. Our sins are forgiven. But it doesn’t stop there. God establishes our goings. God cares about the details of our spiritual life. Just like God must stay on top of His creation, God stays on top of us. He maintains us through the Bible (His Word), prayer, discipline, church leadership (Ephesians 4) and gifted church members (Romans 12). He gives us His Holy Spirit to convict us of sin and to give us victory over sin. The Holy Spirit works the fruits of the Spirit through us. He also gives each of us one or more gifts to use in ministry. As God designed his creation to work as He created it to, so He has designed the Christian to work as He has created us to work. God has equipped us (Ephesians 6) and will continue to equip us with everything we need to live the Christian life. We have no excuses for not living for God.
1 Thessalonians 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Philippians 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
NTBC Theme for 2015
“Keep Faith Pristine In Twenty Fifteen”
‘Keep Faith Pristine in Twenty Fifteen’ is based on 2 Timothy 4:7 – I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith.
Mother’s Day – Sunday, May 10
We will be recognizing our Mothers in the
10:30 AM service.
- May 2 – Ladies’ Luncheon
- Fashioned in His Image
- May 10 – Mother’s Day
- Tuesday, May 12, 11:30 AM
- Harvesters’ Potluck Luncheon (age 55+)
- Wednesday, May 20 – AWANA Awards Night
- May 25 – Memorial Day Picnic at Fort Lowell Park
- May 27 – AWANA GRAND PRIX
- Last night of AWANA till the end of summer.
- May 31 – Dr. Lou Baldwin: Crossroads Baptist Church (Virginia);
- Conference on Evangelizing Black America (COEBA)
- June 1-2 – AIBF Church Planters Conference; Dr. Lou Baldwin
- June 3 – Kids Peanut Butter Night
- June 10 – VBS starts – Hot Dogs and Chips
- June 15-19 – Senior Camp / July 6-10 – Junior Camp
Fashioned in His Image
May 2nd at 11:30 AM in the Fellowship Hall
Purchase your tickets at the back table for only $7:00.
This luncheon is for all ladies including Jr. and Sr. High ladies.
Meets Friday nights from 7 – 9:30 PM
Sundays at 9:30 AM
Addictions, Recovery, Discipleship, Small Groups, Bible Curriculum
This program is designed to benefit all Christians.
“Food Bank” Needs
“Thanks” to all in our Church family who have over the years brought non-perishable goods to help those in the immediate need of a large sack of groceries. The food bank is available after every service for those who attended that service. We always can use more of the following: canned meats (spam, salmon, tuna, and Vienna sausages) and vegetables, sauces, rice, beans, noodles, mac & cheese, cereals, etc. You may drop off food goods in the front lobby. An usher may assist you.
NEW TESTAMENT BAPTIST CHURCH
FOR 56 YEARS …
PREACHING the BIBLE
… the WHOLE BIBLE
… and NOTHING but the BIBLE!
NEW TESTAMENT BAPTIST CHURCH
2855 N. Craycroft Rd. Tucson, AZ 85712
Church Office Phone: 327-5938
Dr. J. C. Joiner, Pastor
Rev. Carroll Frankland, Assoc. Pastor
Jamie Frankland, Children / Activities Coordinator
Jacque Joiner, Ladies Ministries
Ron Cox, Reformers Unanimous (Ph. 248-5216)
Sunday Services at 9:30 AM, 10:30 AM, & 6 PM
Wednesday Services at 7 PM
(AWANA & Youth Ministries at 6:30 PM)
Ladies Bible Study: Thursdays at 10 AM
Reformer Unanimous: Fridays at 7 PM
Visitation: Saturdays at 9:30 AM
After each service, audio is available
on our web site: