August 27, 2017
GOD’S WILL: YOUR SANCTIFICATION – PRAYER
1 Thessalonians 4:3 For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, …
What does sanctification mean? Sanctification primarily has to do with our maturity in Christ where we have victory over sin and are becoming more like Christ as we walk with Him. He is making us into the Ambassadors for Christ He wants us to be. 2 Cor. 5:18.
What can I do to be growing in sanctification and have more victory over sin?
Review from last week:
- The Holy Spirit’s primary means of our growth in holiness is the Truth of God – The Word of God. We must read, study and meditate on the Word. John 17:17
- The Holy Spirit uses our evangelists, pastors and teachers to help us mature.
- Romans 10:17; Eph. 4:11-13
- It is good to take notes on the messages.
- Confess sin. Psalm 51:2-3; 1 John 1:9
- Work for God. Our work and service will be both a result of sanctification and a means of further sanctification. When we work for God we will see God working in and through us.
- 1 Corinthians 3:9; Romans 12:6-9
- We need the peace of God. As we grow in Christ we must see adversity as opportunity. Every person faces adversity. Adversity can bring out the best or the worst in us. As we grow in the grace and in the knowledge of Christ we will be able to respond in a godly manner to adversity. This proper response to adversity will cause us to mature even more as a Christian.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:23; Philippians 4:7; Colossians 3:15
- We must develop our prayer life. Matthew 6:9-13; Psalm 139:23-24
- Matthew 6:9-13 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
- Our prayer should be plain, clear and simple, not full of vain repetitions.
- We pray to God, our Father. We must have a relationship and fellowship with God.
- We honor God’s holiness. We lift up His name.
- We seek God’s glory. We desire His will and the increase of His kingdom.
- We trust God’s daily care: food, housing, clothing, etc.
- We confess sin, and ask forgiveness, as well as forgive others.
- We crave deliverance from evil. We desire to keep away from sin and its consequences. We do not seek temptations. We desire peace.
AWANA Club Meeting Wednesdays
6:30 – 8:00 PM
Parents: You are encouraged to bring your children on Wednesday evenings. They will have group activities, Bible memorization, and a Bible lesson. And you also will be enriched by the teaching of the Word of God.
Wednesdays at 7:00 PM – Regular Mid-Week Service
Saturdays at 9:30 AM Visitation (No visitation this Saturday – Holiday weekend)
Thursday, September 14 at 6:00 PM – Teachers and Workers Banquet
Tuesday, September 19 at 11:30 AM – Senior (55+) Potluck Luncheon
October 8-11 – Ron Comfort Evangelistic Campaign
December 7 at 6:00 PM – Christmas Banquet (Dave McCracken)
Teachers and Workers Appreciation Banquet
Thursday, September 14 at 6:00 PM
This Appreciation Banquet is for all teachers, helpers, deacons, and trustees, plus all who help with all other ministries of our church such as the van ministry, music, Sunday afternoon rehab ministries, AWANA, and RU. There will be a sign-up sheet at the back of the auditorium next Sunday. Please be sure to sign up.
RU Meets Fridays at 7 PM / Sundays at 9:30 AM – Everyone is welcome. We especially need a van driver for Friday nights.
RU has a great curriculum for the study of the fruit of the Spirit and fruits of righteousness: An RU Definition from our curriculum: Patience is remaining calm, while enduring wrong for long, without complaint, using Spirit-led restraint. — Come join us!
After each service, we make available to families in need of a bag of non-perishable groceries (limited to one bag per month). To help us keep our pantry stocked we welcome you to bring in non-perishable items. We do not need any vegetables at this time. We are short on peanut butter and canned meats such as tuna, chicken, Vienna sausage, spam, etc. Please bring your items to the front foyer and let an usher know. Richard and Judy Sabin oversee this ministry.
Please look at the expiration dates. We cannot give out expired food items.
FOR 58 YEARS … PREACHING the BIBLE
… the WHOLE BIBLE
… and NOTHING but the BIBLE!
2855 N. Craycroft Rd. Tucson, AZ 85712
Church Office Phone: 327-5938
Dr. J. C. Joiner, Pastor
Rev. Carroll Frankland, Assoc. Pastor
Jamie Frankland, Children / Activities Coordinator
Jacque Joiner, Ladies Ministries
Ron Cox, RU (Ph. 248-5216)
Sunday Services at 9:30 AM, 10:30 AM, & 6 PM
Wednesday Services at 7 PM
(VBS & Youth Ministries at 6:45 PM)
RU: Fridays at 7 PM
Visitation: Saturdays at 9:30 AM
After each service, audio is available on our web site: