August 20, 2017
GOD’S WILL: YOUR SANCTIFICATION
1 Thessalonians 4:3 For this is the will of God,
even your sanctification, …
What does sanctification mean? Sanctification primarily has to do with our maturity in Christ where we have victory over sin and are becoming more like Christ as we walk with Him. He is making us into the Ambassadors for Christ He wants us to be. 2 Cor. 5:18.
What can I do to be growing in sanctification and have more victory over sin?
Review from last week:
- The Holy Spirit’s primary means of our growth in holiness is the Truth of God – The Word of God. We must read, study and meditate on the Word. John 17:17
- The Holy Spirit uses our evangelists, pastors and teachers to help us mature.
- Romans 10:17; Eph. 4:11-13
- As we hear the Word of God we must apply it to our own lives and obey God. We need to be sensitive to the conviction of the Holy Spirit and confess sin.
- Psalm 51:2-3 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
- As we are being sanctified we will desire to work for God. Our work and service will be both a result of sanctification and a means of further sanctification. When we work for God we will see God working in and through us. We will be manifesting both the fruit and gifts of the Holy Spirit. You will be greatly blessed as you serve others in the church and reach out to our community to bring in the lost.
- 1 Corinthians 3:9 For we are labourers together with God: ye are God’s husbandry, ye are God’s building.
- Romans 12:6-9 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith; Or ministry, let us wait on our ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching; Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, let him do it with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness. Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.
- We need the peace of God. As we grow in Christ we must see adversity as opportunity. Every person faces adversity. Adversity can bring out the best or the worst in us. As we grow in the grace and in the knowledge of Christ we will be able to respond in a godly manner to adversity. This proper response to adversity will cause us to mature even more as a Christian.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
- Colossians 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
First AWANA Club Meeting Wednesday, August 23
6:30 – 8:00 PM
Wednesdays at 7:00 PM – Regular Mid-Week Service
Saturdays at 9:30 AM Visitation
Saturday, August 26 at 7:00 AM – Men’s Prayer Breakfast
Thursday, September 14 at 6:00 PM – Teachers and Workers Banquet
Tuesday, September 19 at 11:30 AM – Senior (55+) Potluck Luncheon
October 8-11 – Ron Comfort Evangelistic Campaign
December 7 at 6:00 PM – Christmas Banquet (Dave McCracken)
RU Meets Fridays at 7 PM / Sundays at 9:30 AM – Everyone is welcome. We especially need a van driver for Friday nights.
RU has a great curriculum for the study of the fruit of the Spirit and fruits of righteousness: An RU Definition from our curriculum: Purity is maintaining innocence from guilt in the meditations of my heart. — Come join us!
After each service, we make available to families in need of a bag of non-perishable groceries (limited to one bag per month). To help us keep our pantry stocked we welcome you to bring in non-perishable items. We do not need any vegetables at this time. We are short on peanut butter and canned meats such as tuna, chicken, Vienna sausage, spam, etc. Please bring your items to the front foyer and let an usher know. Richard and Judy Sabin oversee this ministry.
Please look at the expiration dates. We cannot give out expired food items.
FOR 58 YEARS … PREACHING the BIBLE
… the WHOLE BIBLE
… and NOTHING but the BIBLE!
2855 N. Craycroft Rd. Tucson, AZ 85712
Church Office Phone: 327-5938
Dr. J. C. Joiner, Pastor
Rev. Carroll Frankland, Assoc. Pastor
Jamie Frankland, Children / Activities Coordinator
Jacque Joiner, Ladies Ministries
Ron Cox, RU (Ph. 248-5216)
Sunday Services at 9:30 AM, 10:30 AM, & 6 PM
Wednesday Services at 7 PM
(VBS & Youth Ministries at 6:45 PM)
RU: Fridays at 7 PM
Visitation: Saturdays at 9:30 AM
After each service, audio is available on our web site: