HAPPY RESURRECTION SUNDAY
He is Risen!
Events Occurring On That First Resurrection Sunday:
Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them. And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre. And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus.
And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments. And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee, Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again. And they remembered his words. (Luke 24:1-8)
This Lord’s Day is Resurrection Sunday. Although our Bible uses the word Easter (Acts 12:4), Church historians tell us that the early Christians did not acknowledge each other with “Happy Easter.” Instead, their greeting included a testimony: “He is risen.”
Since both terms are scriptural, either salutation is appropriate for Bible-believers!
Seriously consider this Scripture fact: you are saved if you confess the Lordship of Jesus Christ and also believe in his literal, bodily resurrection. That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. (Rom 10:9)
Three Basic Rules of Bible Interpretation
- Find a fact, believe it.
- Find a promise, claim it.
- Find a command, obey it.
You don’t need to be a “deep” theologian to know God’s Word.
You are to read it or hear it, then obey it.
- Tuesday, April 7 at 11:30 AM – Senior Luncheon (Potluck)
- April 10th and 11th – Ladies’ Retreat in Phoenix
- April 16th, 17th, and 18th – Men’s Advance in Fort Thomas
- May 2 – Ladies’ Luncheon – Fashioned in His Image
- Wednesday, May 20 – AWANA Awards Night
- May 27 – AWANA GRAND PRIX – Last night of AWANA till the end of summer.
- May 31 – Dr. Lou Baldwin: Crossroads Baptist Church (Virginia); Conference on Evangelizing Black America (COEBA)
- June 1-2 – AIBF Church Planters Conference; Dr. Lou Baldwin
- June 3 – Kids Peanut Butter Night
- June 10 – VBS starts – Hot Dogs and Chips
- (VBS needs: shoe boxes and tubes from paper towels or wrapping paper)
- June 15-19 – Senior Camp / July 6-10 – Junior Camp
Meets Friday nights from 7 – 9:30 PM
Sundays at 9:30 AM
Addictions, Recovery, Discipleship, Small Groups, Bible Curriculum
This program is designed to benefit all Christians.
NTBC Theme for 2015
“Keep Faith Pristine In Twenty Fifteen”
‘Keep Faith Pristine in Twenty Fifteen’ is based on 2 Timothy 4:7 – I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith.
NEW TESTAMENT BAPTIST CHURCH
FOR 56 YEARS …
PREACHING the BIBLE
… the WHOLE BIBLE
… and NOTHING but the BIBLE!
NEW TESTAMENT BAPTIST CHURCH
2855 N. Craycroft Rd. Tucson, AZ 85712
Church Office Phone: 327-5938
Dr. J. C. Joiner, Pastor
Rev. Carroll Frankland, Assoc. Pastor
Jamie Frankland, Children / Activities Coordinator
Jacque Joiner, Ladies Ministries
Ron Cox, Reformers Unanimous (Ph. 248-5216)
Sunday Services at 9:30 AM, 10:30 AM, & 6 PM
Wednesday Services at 7 PM
(AWANA & Youth Ministries at 6:30 PM)
Ladies Bible Study: Thursdays at 10 AM
Reformer Unanimous: Fridays at 7 PM
Visitation: Saturdays at 9:30 AM
After each service, audio is available
on our web site: