August 23, 2015
The Glory of Jesus Christ
Whether people see it or not, all creation glorifies God. In 2 Corinthians 3 Paul speaks of the blindness of the minds and hearts that many people have. They are blind to the glory of God, especially the Glory of God in Christ. The Apostle John was given a revelation of Jesus Christ in His Glory. He testifies to us of that vision he received in Revelation 1:12-16 – And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
- Seven (Golden) Candlesticks – The seven churches of Asia Minor that Jesus writes to in Revelation chapters two and three. These churches represent churches throughout the centuries. Jesus is Lord over the churches today.
- His Clothing – That of a High Priest – Jesus is our Mediator
- His Head and Hair – White – Holiness and Purity – Note that this is similar to the vision that Daniel had of God in Daniel 7:9.
- His Eyes – A flame of fire – Jesus can see everything; His eyes can penetrate our minds and hearts.
- His Feet – Fine Brass – Brass always symbolizes judgment. The feet symbolize His rule and authority.
- His Voice – His Countenance – This is a reference not only to the gravity and importance of what Christ says, but it also portrays Christ’s deity – Ezekiel 43:2 And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east: and his voice was like a noise of many waters: and the earth shined with his glory.
- Seven Stars – Probably the head pastors of the seven churches.
- Sharp Two-edged Sword – The Word of God
Clearly, Jesus is the Glory of God. He is Head over the church. Many today worship a Jesus of their own making and imagination, not the Jesus of the Bible. Not the Jesus who is overseeing His churches. The Bible teaches that we are to keep our eyes on the Lord. We are to see Christ in all His Glory. He has all of the attributes of God, because He is God.
As we look to Jesus Christ we become more like Him. We are to have the mind of Christ. The word Christian means Christ-like. Becoming more Christ-like happens as we meditate on Him and yield our lives to Him. 2 Corinthians 3:18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord. Our life then brings glory to God through God working the fruit of the Spirit and His gifts through us!
1 Peter 1:8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not,
yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
Children’s Choir (1st – 8th Grade)
Starts Tonight at 6 PM
They will be practicing
Psalty’s Christmas Calamity
Church Ministries’ Appreciation BBQ Dinner
Thursday, August 27 at 6 PM
Sunday School and Jr. Church Teachers and Workers, Bus Workers, Choir Members, AWANA Workers and anyone who serves in other ministries at NTBC. Pick up your free ticket at the back table.
Single & Serving Ladies’ Group
Lunch at Cracker Barrel (Near Cortaro Rd. and I-10)
Thursday, September 3rd at noon
Sign up – Check if you are riding the church van.
Potluck – Bring your favorite dish.
Tuesday, September 8 at 11:30 AM
BE HERE TONIGHT AT 6:00 PM FOR A MESSAGE FROM GOD’S WORD!
RU ADDICTIONS PROGRAM
- Study through the Fruits of the Spirit.
- Find fellowship with other growing believers.
- Strengthen and revive your walk with God.
- Develop a personal, dynamic, love relationship with Christ. Jesus, THE TRUTH, will make you free!
MEETS FRIDAY EVENINGS AT 7:00 PM IN THE RU CLASSROOM.
RECOVERY DELIVERS ON EVERYTHING ADDICTION PROMISED
NTBC Theme for 2015
“Keep Faith Pristine In Twenty Fifteen”
‘Keep Faith Pristine in Twenty Fifteen’ is based on 2 Timothy 4:7 – I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith. “To keep the faith” is to claim the promises in God’s Word and apply them to my particular problems. “To keep the faith” is confidence in God’s faithfulness to me in an uncertain world, on an uncharted course, through an unknown future
NEW TESTAMENT BAPTIST CHURCH
2855 N. Craycroft Rd. Tucson, AZ 85712
Church Office Phone: 327-5938
Dr. J. C. Joiner, Pastor
Rev. Carroll Frankland, Assoc. Pastor
Jamie Frankland, Children / Activities Coordinator
Jacque Joiner, Ladies Ministries
Ron Cox, Reformers Unanimous (Ph. 248-5216)
Sunday Services at 9:30 AM, 10:30 AM, & 6 PM
Wednesday Services at 7 PM
(VBS & Youth Ministries at 6:30 PM)
Reformer Unanimous: Fridays at 7 PM
Visitation: Saturdays at 9:30 AM
After each service, audio is available
on our web site: